Goals and Objectives
Our goal is to create a safe, nurturing environment that will foster independent and group play and exploration that will help to build a positive foundation for their future preschool years.
In Gross Motor skill development we offer:
- A safe environment for developing their walking and running skills, jumping with one or both feet, throwing and kicking balls, climbing on playground equipment, riding in play cars, dancing, etc.
In Fine Motor skill development we offer:
- Several types of manipulatives
- Coloring, painting, gluing and tearing paper in art activities.
- Building towers with blocks
- Holding utensils in dramatic play
- Drinking from cups during snack time
- Turning pages in books during reading time
In Social and Emotional development we offer:
- Center activities that your child can move from parallel play to playing with one or more child at a time.
- Circle time activities that begin at three to five minute intervals in the beginning of our year and builds up to fifteen minutes by the end of the year.
- Show and Tell to help build their confidence in speaking to their teachers and peers.
- Play time to learn to share and cooperate with others.
In Cognitive development we offer:
- Learning colors in English and Spanish.
- Learning simple shapes.
- New themes each week.
- Opportunities to use their senses to learn about their environment.
- Singing songs and learning finger plays.